ntegrative SandPlay Therapy combines both a non-directive and directive approach to working with the sand and symbols. This simply means that you, the client, will be given time and space to create your own SandTrays, in which you will place various symbols of your choice around the sand tray, creating a ‘scene’.
The scene you create will be a reflection of your own life, a struggle, a conflict or something hiding away in the unconscious mind that needs to be brought out in order for you to be able to resolve and heal. As well as giving you the time to create this scene by yourself, I, the therapist, can step in if appropriate and depending on your needs.
I might gently step in to prompt you, ask questions, make useful comments and encourage more involvement from the conscious mind.
Who is Integrative SandPlay Therapy for?
Integrative SandPlay Therapy is for adults and children. I specialise in working with adults, as it can be so powerful, moving and healing.
What are the benefits of Integrative SandPlay?
- Bringing the unconscious into the conscious mind.
- Helping you to discover how to resolve certain conflicts in your life.
- Supporting you to make sense of any struggles and emotions.
- Helps you to find appropriate ways to remove obstacles from your life.
- Encourages a sense of Self and builds your self-awareness.
- Increases resilience.
- Provides you with better ways to manage trauma, grief, anxiety, low moods, depression and many other issues.
- It is a very freeing experience.
- Allows a deep connection to nature and the Earth.
- Although it is emotional and can often be very powerful, SandPlay can be fun and is a great sensory experience.
£20 per session (face to face)
Online groups run at various times though the year - keep checking for updates.